Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Any Ordinary Wednesday Birthday

As I typed the header for this one, I laughed - remembering my hubs telling me one time "My birthday is ALWAYS on a Wednesday." He was serious.
Well this year, my birthday really did fall on a Wednesday. A Wednesday in the middle of my first week being a single parent; hubs is working on a different island until this weekend. Let me state right here, right now...I have absolute respect and no idea how anyone gets through being a single parent in a sane manner. And my baby sleeps well.
LB's monitor started chirping 6 AM as usual (don't be mad at me, I know I'm fortunate) and I clickety-clacked out of bed before I remembered that this day is my birthday. Maybe that goes with age as well. Not until I got to my morning coffee did I get it as I tried to reflect on how I was feeling last year on this same day while I was still carrying LB in my belly. Before we knew. Before the letters D and S come to mean so so much to this household. Before I met my beautiful, willful, little girl. Before the emergency C-section. Before the battleground of baby toys claimed my house. Before I smiled and cried more in 6 months than any other time in my life. Before my family bonded and became stronger than I ever thought we could be. Before I broke. Before I started learning not only how to be a new parent but how to be an advocate for my child.
Before I started this blog. Before I met you.


No comments:

Post a Comment