Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Just Beachy

Hubs makes fun of me often, in jest calling me "Captain Safety". I'm the worrier. Trying to always be steps ahead, trying to make everything perfect. I just read an article on Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kate-bartolotta/happiness-tips_b_3956114.html?ir=Parents) about dropping all the bullhockey and just be happy. Now. Being "Captain Safety" and all, this article got me thinking: Does becoming a parent = the end of anything carefree? Does becoming a parent to a special needs child take years off my life with worry? Are we ever going to be able to drop the bull and just be happy...NOW? I have the never-ending guilt following me, like a creeper, telling me: "You should be researching/reading/watching more ways to help her. Make sure your baby is safe." But sometimes, rarely but sometimes, you have to drop the researching/reading/watching and just enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment